Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Revised Movie Idea

Subject:  Document 24 hours of time from the perspective of a dirty sneaker.

Shortened to fit within a timeframe of 3 to 5 minutes.

Each day we spend most of our time wearing shoes of some sort to protect our feet from the ground.  It lets us walk where we otherwise would not be able to.  I want my film to document the trek through a number of dirty, gritty locations, some of which could even be hazardous.  There are a lot of surfaces and textures I could document to fully realize the setting.  I want a lot of close up shots so the viewer could get an extensive view of what we have under our shoes.

I'm still thinking of ways to portray this, but at different points in the movie I want to portray the up and down motion that shoes have as the individual who wears them walks.  The camera will become the shoe's eyes, and like my sandwich video, the eye's focus will change depending on what the shoe is doing, or it's current status (tied, or untied).

Right now, the only sequence I envision for my movie is to have it start in the morning before the person wearing the shoe goes off for his activities, and at the end of the day when the shoe is put back in the closet.  (I want a shot of a dark closet opening and the shoes being taken out, and then the shoes being put back in the closet as it closes.)


2 comments:

  1. I think your idea of documenting a shoe is interesting. It is almost as if the human and the shoe switch roles. One suggestion is to consider people and different tasks they take care of during the day. Make it personal. People often wear shoes to the bathroom.
    What kind of person is the shoe for?
    Does the shoe get dirtier/cleaner as the film progresses?
    What other shoes or objects does it interact/communicate with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see more transistions like the one you had at the beginning of your superhero movie. Honestly, I would like to see this entire film with transistions like that. I'm not sure how much that works with your shoe's perspective idea, but it would provide for some really interesting edits with differening rhythms and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete