Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rehearsal Notes:

We were able to rehearse just about every scene in the movie this weekend. I went over the planned way of filming each shot and recording sound for the movie while leaving room open to suggestions and new ideas. Everything seemed to work out well. Although i wanted to pick up sounds of the wind as well as the streets below my filming location, I did have to be careful of the levels I set my equipment to. Little children in the distance could be heard if not too careful. Such is one of the issues with filming in a public place.

Rehearsal sparked many ideas as to how I would visually portray the fall from the building. I had my own ideas, and the crew had theirs. We decided to put them together and film them all to decide which methods were the most effective. The final fall in the movie will be depicted with a combination of these techniques.

There is no dialogue, but there is an emphasis on sound effects.  We experimented with recording sound specific distances away from the camera and actor to create the sounds we want.  I have recorded extra sounds during rehearsal that I may be able to use over my footage from this week's shooting to create a more fully realized environment for my movie.

I do have a couple of worries about filming the actual movie based on rehearsals. Things went so well during rehearsal because I had the sunlight and clear sky I wanted all day. The 5-day forecast for this week predicted rain, which would be a big problem. There was some earlier reports this week that the weekend should be sunny, so I am hoping for the sunlight to return.  I am currently working on backup plans just in case it does rain this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment