Monday, March 16, 2009

Additional Pre-production Information

Actors:
The only actor I have is in all scenes of the movie. He plays two different parts, his present self, and his past self.

Locations:

The Peabody Hotel roof, and a bathroom floor. The bathroom floor is more or less used for a few shots towards the end, to document the space. The Peabody Hotel roof is where most of my movie is shot, and there are plenty of ways to take advantage of the space.


Wide open space, with many outlets to use if any electrical equipment is needed.




There are a number of establishment shots I can get from this elevation. With the aid of a step ladder, I can get the shot I originally wanted for my movie. Here is the example again.




With a cheap digital camera, I filmed an example shot of the view I want of the city. (disregard my finger in the shot, won’t happen in the final movie.) Using the sound of rushing wind and car horns in these first person perspective shots, I want the viewer to become as immersed in the environment as the main character himself. At that elevation, the slightest wind blowing can be very loud, not to mention the sounds from the other buildings in the area. It may be a good idea to record my movie silently, and record sounds over it.


Lighting Quality:
Will be fine as long as it does not rain. I am checking the weather channel constantly, insuring that the day I shoot is a bright and sunny one. Bounce cards should suffice, but there are plenty of outlets I can take advantage of for other lights if necessary.
Conceptual drawing of the basic colors of the environment and how they contrast with the wardrobe of the main character.  The red cape helps the character stand out from the background, while creating a backlight with bounce cards, will help the rest of my character stand out from his surroundings.

Stunts and Special Effects:
Most of the major effects are camera based. No bumps, or falls, just specific camera angles to convey the environment and the character in specific ways.

Special costumes, makeup?

I want the character to appear child-like in appearance, so his current wardrobe consists of wearing clothes that are a smaller fit than what would be considered normal. Currently I have him wearing pajamas.

Conceptually, I like the idea of conveying a memory by having the memory’s subject appear as it does in reality physically, but with the mentality of that time. Any other ideas on making an adult appear as a child would be appreciated.


Props:
A bright red towel. I have a portable fan I plan to use to simulate wind if necessary.

-------------------

Planning went well for my movie. I have a clear distinct idea on how I will get my shots. By using the Peabody Roof, I can get the camera angles I originally envisioned when pitching my movie before spring break.

The weather is not a problem at the moment. Friday appears to be a bright sunny day, so I will try to shoot everything then. Currently I am redrawing my storyboard, blocking my shots, and trying to plan out every detail to limit the amount of time it takes to record footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment